It is the mission of the Nitro Fire Department
to prevent the loss of life and property damage
through current training, fire prevention and providing
community education. This fire department will provide
quality professional services to citizens with honesty and integrity.
, In Nitro, between The hours of 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday through Friday beginning Friday, October 9,2020.
completed in full before turning the application packet back in. Your application information shall be returned
and resealed in the packet in which you received it.
Nitro Fire Department will focus its efforts on responding quickly to emergencies and providing appropriate professional care with dignity.
- To the community: Quality, professional service, with honesty and integrity
- To Ourselves: Personal and Professional growth.
- At the Fire Department: Promote Teamwork, Professionalism and Stewardship
- To Each other: Trust, Respect, Honesty and Guidance.
- Promote the most effective and efficient use of resources within the Nitro Fire Department.
- Educate the community on effective Fire Prevention.
- Develop and implement systems to minimize the impact of small or large disasters through awareness and education.
- Maintain up to date training, always moving forward to be leaders in the fire service.
- All Hazard Plan – KPEPC.org
- Headsup Community – headsupemergency.com
- American Red Cross – www.redcross.org