Applications now being accepted
To apply for a position with the Nitro Fire Department, complete and submit the application.
Applications will be accepted until May 19, 2023 at midnight.
When test dates are scheduled, they will appear here. Check back often.
It is the mission of the Nitro Fire Department to prevent the loss of life and property damage through current training, fire prevention and supplying community education. The Nitro Fire Department will provide quality and professional services to the citizens, with honesty and integrity.
The Nitro Fire Department shall continuously strive to meet the changing needs of our city by supplying a fully equipped and technologically advanced department of highly trained men and women. We will keep an elevated level of readiness to mitigate any challenge that we face by focusing on the professional development and training of our personnel.
Nitro Fire Department Leadership Expectations:
- We will lead by example using the values of Integrity, Honesty, Loyalty, and Trustworthiness.
- We will seek what is best for the entire fire department.
- We will work together as a team
- We will deliberate openly and rationally, with creativity and problem-solving solutions, while striving for consensus.
- We will share our successes.
- We will act decisively.
- We will make decisions by listing first, gaining all the facts, and making fact-based decisions.
Versatility, Integrity, Sincerity, Inclusion, Optimism, Nobility
The Nitro Fire Department will focus its efforts on responding quickly to all emergencies, while providing proper and professional care with dignity.
- To the community: Quality, Professional service, with honesty and integrity.
- To ourselves: Personal and Professional growth.
- At the Fire Department: Promote Teamwork, Professionalism and Stewardship.
- To Each other: Trust, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, Ethics, Morals, Values and Guidance.
- Promote the most effective and efficient use of our resources within the Nitro Fire Department.
- Educate the community on effective Fire Prevention.
- Develop and implement systems to minimize the impact of small or large disasters through awareness and education.
- Maintain up to date training, always moving forward to be leaders in the fire service.